One of my friends recently purchased the Char-Broil 463655621 Performance TRU-Infrared 2-Burner grill and when he asked mne to take it for a test dribe I have to say I was quite execited as this little cooker offers a lot of tech for a little mney. However, in reality, it didn’t quite live up to the billing. Let’s see what I discovered.
This grill boasts 310 square inches of primary cooking space on durable porcelain-coated steel grates, making it perfect for my family of four. The rust-resistant and easy-to-clean grates are also a bonus, as I no longer have to scrub down the grill after each use. So far, so good.
The biggest drawback with this grill was the time it took to put together. I couldn’t follow the instructions (and I’ve put together a LOT of grills) and, to make things worse there were a couple of bolts missing. Nothing too serious but if you had ordered one online and stay in a remote location then this may be more of an issue.
One of the most impressive features of this grill is the TRU-Infrared cooking technology. Not only does it prevent flare-ups, but it also delivers even-heat and cooks up to 50% juicier food. Apparently, I can now cook my vegetables and meats without worrying about charred spots, and everything comes out perfectly cooked. Well, thats fine in theory but, unfortunately, it didn’t turn out to be as good as I had hoped. The steaks I cooked and a few of the red bell peppers (oner of my personal faves) showed distinct signs of charring at the edges as well as in the middle. Now, this is actually something that I dont mind, in fact, I would go as far as say that I think this addes to the overall BBQ experience but, if a grill manufacturer claims that it doesnt happen then it should’t happen. And it did. Score a few dropped ponts for this one.
As someone who enjoys a stylish addition to my backyard, I appreciate the exclusive metallic gray finish for increased style and durability. The single-door cabinet design also offers storage space for propane tanks, grilling tools and accessories, meaning I no longer have to run back and forth to grab things from the house.
The electronic ignition is fast and reliable, as it lights up the burners at the push of a button. The convenient side shelves offer added work and prep space, and they are Gear Trax enabled for those who want to customize their grill with accessories. When not in use, the side shelves fold down easily, saving space and providing hassle-free storage.
Of course, unlike many of the smokers I copverThe stainless steel burners are fueled by propane gas, which offers long-lasting performance and emits flames from the top- providing even heat with no hot or cold spots. The lid-mounted temperature gauge is another useful feature as it allows me to monitor the inside temperature of the grill with ease. The durable porcelain-coated grease pan can also be removed for easy cleaning, making maintenance a breeze.
Overall, the Char-Broil 463655621 Performance TRU-Infrared 2-Burner grill is an excellent investment for any grill enthusiast. Here is a table outlining the pros and cons I noticed during my use of the product:
- TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups and delivers even-heat, making food 50% juicier
- Metallic gray finish is stylish and durable
- Single-door cabinet design offers storage space for propane tanks, grilling tools, and accessories
- Electronic ignition is fast and reliable, and convenient side shelves offer extra work and prep space
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge allows for easy temperature monitoring
- Removable porcelain-coated grease pan for easy cleaning
- Limited cooking space may not be ideal for larger families or gatherings
- Assembly may take longer than expected
Overall, the Char-Broil 463655621 Performance TRU-Infrared 2-Burner grill is a decent choice for anyone looking for a reliable and stylish grill that delivers delicious food but, I just felt that it dodn’t quite live up to its promise.
Its TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even-heat and claims to make food 50% juicier but, if I#m being honest i couldnt tell the difference.
It does look fantastic though, and the exclusive metallic gray finish enhances the grill’s aesthetic appeal, and the single-door cabinet design offers ample storage space. Convenient side shelves and an electronic ignition system make using this grill a breeze, while the lid-mounted temperature gauge and removable grease pan make maintenance effortless.
If you’re in the market for a new grill, you could do worse than the Char-Broil 463655621 Performance TRU-Infrared grill but, at this price point there are a lot of good (better?) alternatives.
- 310 square inches of primary cooking space on durable porcelain-coated, rust-resistant and easy-to-clean steel grates, plus a 95 square inch warming rack ideal for sides and buns
- TRU-Infrared cooking technology prevents flare-ups, delivers even-heat and cooks up to 50% juicier food.
- Exclusive metallic gray finish for increased style and durabilty. Single-door cabinet design offers storage space for propane tank, grilling tools and accessories.
- Electronic ignition for fast and reliable burner lighting at the push of a buttom. Convenient side shelves offer added work and prep space, and are Gear Trax enabled. When not in use, the side shelves fold down to save space and for storage.
- Powered by propane, (LP), gas, the stainless steel burners offer long-lasting performance ad emit flames from the top for even heat with no hot or cold spots.
- Lid-mounted temperature gauge to easily monitor the inside temperature of your grill and durable porcelain-coated grease pan which can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Simplified design with standardized hardware for quick and easy assembly. Includes a custom-cleaning tool with SAFER red nylon bristles. Sits on four heavy-duty casters, (2 of which lock), for easy mobility around your deck or patio.
- Assembled dimensions: 44.5-inches wide x 22.4-inches deep x 45.3-inches hi
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.