November 7, 2015
Everyone enjoys a nice barbecue, especially when done correctly, it’s a great way to relax over the weekend and perhaps even invite a few friends. Conventional barbecues, though, involve charcoal or propane, which requires a bit of experience if you want to keep your eyebrows. However, with Old Smokey, you can whip out some perfectly grilled meat without requiring a lot of experience.
Old Smokey is an electric smoker, which means most of the work is already done for you, leaving you to concentrate on the final product. This smoker is perfect for barbecues during small gatherings, and is able to perfectly grill enough pork, chicken or a brisket for half a dozen people.
As soon as you receive the package, you can quickly assemble the smoker with the help of the illustrations provided, plug it in and get cracking. Whatever your style of barbeque, you can achieve it by altering heat levels and amount of wood chips until you get exactly what you want. This flexibility makes it very appealing but that’s not all, here are some of its other features.
Old Smokey is the ultimate electric smoker because it allows you to smoke more meat when needed by making use of two cooking racks instead of just one. You also won’t need to keep checking if the temperature is okay because there’s a thermostat which allows you to specify the level of heat you would like. This will allow you to alternate between various cooking styles and make the meat exactly as you would like.
This smoker is guaranteed to last for a long time thanks to its aluminized steel build which prevents it from corroding even under the highest temperatures. Additionally, you wouldn’t need to add water because the lid is sealed, catching all the juices from the meat which will improve the taste greatly.
It also has a flat top design which can be sealed tight to ensure all the juices don’t escape thus retaining the flavor of the meat. Plus, it doesn’t produce too much smoke, so you can even use it indoors.
1. This would be a good choice for the household because with its reasonable weight of 25 pounds and carrying handles, it can be easily carried away and stored when not in use.
2. Assembly is quick and easy, resulting into a reasonable smoker for any home thanks to its size.
3. Longer lasting because of the strengthened aluminized steel for protection against corrosion.
4. An adjustable thermostat allows you to control the temperature levels and adjust your cooking styles and themes.
5. The device is easy to use and doesn’t require you to be experienced to enjoy the final meal. Just plug it in and watch the magic happen.
6. The presence of a chip tray lets you add wood chips and achieve an authentic smoke flavor like you would from a charcoal smoker.
7. Reasonable price and cheaper to operate because it uses electricity rather than wood; the design, too, ensures all the heat is utilized and not to escape.
1. Perhaps not the best choice for large families or gatherings because you probably won’t get more than 20 pounds of meat at a time.
2 Although fitted with a thermostat, it only offers 3 options: low, medium and high. Perhaps the addition of a thermometer would increase flexibility.
3. The cord is only 5-feet long, which is fine for some, but if you intend to use it a distance away from the power source, you’d have to get an extension cord.
4. Old Smokey only has one entry point, from the top. Perhaps an additional side-door would have been beneficial for when you need to quickly add some more wood chips without interrupting the entire smoking process.
5. Although the build is of good quality, some other features may take away from it. The handles, for one, are not that durable and the screws loosen over time. The inside screws are also protruding out and may scratch your arms when you reach in to clean the racks.
Get ready to entertain a few guests with Old Smokey’s help. It’s the ideal smoker for both experienced and amateur users because it has all the functionality of a typical smoker but with more automated features for the inexperienced user.
Apart from meats, you can also smoke vegetables, sauces and marinades, which makes the smoker very flexible regardless of your diet.
Despite all the automations, though, this smoker still delivers smoked products with similar character as those from a non-electric smoker, from the taste to the appearance, and one would hardly notice a difference. Get your own electric smoker today and start enjoying all the benefits it has to offer.